Our Core Functions
The functions of the Council, among others, are:
- Ensure that there is planning and coordination of public and private entities interested in book development.
- Ensure the promotion of reading habits among Ghanaians, particularly school children.
- Promote the development of indigenous authors and translation of books by indigenous authors into Ghanaian local languages.
- Promote the distribution of books in the country.
- Promote and coordinate the distribution of books authored by Ghanaians internationally.
- Establish standards for publishers and printers in the book industry.
- Bring together stakeholders to ensure collaboration, development and conducive environment for the building of a strong book industry.
- Carry out comprehensive studies and research programmes essential for the development of the book industry.